Tuesday, September 29, 2009

OH THE PAIN.. THE PAIN... PAIN & MORE MORE PAIN....

Today I stepped on a Io Moth Caterpillar. I started screaming, my mom thought I had cut myself in the kitchen.

So when my mom was looking up what kind of caterpillar I stepped on I went into the bathroom to scrub my foot with soap and water to remove the stinging. My mom then cut and put a slice of potato on my foot where it was stinging and put the old sock and a rubber band to hold it in place.

This is what we found out about the he Io Moth caterpillar. It is overall light green, but along each side there is a narrow reddish line bordered below by a white line. Grown caterpillars are two inches long and covered with branched, black-pointed green spines. They feed on a variety of plants including corn, roses, willow, linden, elm, oak, locust, apple, beech, ash, currant, and clover.

What it was doing in the kitchen of my mom's store is just simply beyond me.


No comments: