Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ennis RR Museum

On our way home from Dallas today mom & I stopped along the way for some lunch. We picked a little town to do as we always do on our road trips. This time we stopped in Ennis. Ennis is a small town just south of Dallas off of the high way.

We ate lunch at the Firehouse Grill. The salad was good and the burger was even better.

We also decided to go a block north to the Ennis Visitors Center to pick up some brochures for places to go and things to do, cause that is what mom and i do when we have days off.

Behind the Visitors Center is what mom calls a GEM. It was the Ennis RR Museum. We met a great man named Bill. He works there as a volunteer and is a man who knows his railroads. The admission was $2 for my mom and I was free. At first I didn't want to go, but then once Mr. Bill started to talk about all the different things in the museum I didnt want to leave. He even took us into the original depot to see what the train club was working on for Christmas. I got to sit in the breakman's chair and look out.

I'm very glad to stop here and will be back on another road trip. Here are more pictures for you to look at.

No comments: