Friday, November 20, 2009

Civil War Weekend at the Liendo Plantation


Today mom closed the store and we headed to Hempsted to visit the Liendo Plantation for a Civil War Reenactment.
I had so much fun today that I am planning on joining the 11th Texas Cavalry. After watching the last half of the battle, mom and I shopped. We got ol fashion rootbeer, a wooden riffle, lunch and some things for my camping box. Got to see a felt hat being made, helped a man build a fire the old fashion way, talked to people and found out what they did during the civil war. These people just played parts, they are not original people from the civil war.

I filled out an application and sent it off, so I will keep you posted about what I will be doing in the future with the group. I am also on the hunt for equipment and clothes. I have my own horse, so that is good.

No comments: